We’re trying to gauge interest for some ukulele summer events in Bozeman, so please help: Comment if you might like to be involved!
1. JULY Summer Ukulele Picnic. I’m thinking we’d do this at a local park in a jam format from 6:30 to 8:30 on Thursday July 25. — Any interest?
2. AUG 3 Sweet Pea Parade: Does anybody want to be in the Sweet Pea Parade as the Bozeman Ukulele Cabaret? Parade is 10am Sat. Aug. 3 and registration deadline is this Wed., July 17. If anybody wants to do it tell me NOW! NOW! NOW!
3. AUG 24 Talking Heads ukulele performance: A local promoter has asked if we would like to do some ukulele Talking Heads covers before an outdoor showing of “Stop Making Sense.” If you would like to perform a T.H. song (solo or with group) please let me know right away so I can confirm our participation. SEE BELOW a brand-new ukulele chord chart for “People Like Us” that this event inspired me to whip up.
4. SEPT Uke Flash Mob: Would anybody be interested in doing a ukulele flash mob at the Bozeman Art Walk Friday, Sept. 13? If I get 4 or more replies, I’ll mastermind a plan.
5. Monsters of Arena Rock + Power Ballads night: Anyone in for a night of 70s/80s power ballads and arena rock hits at a local bar? (Think Journey! Kansas! Foreigner! Styx! Etc!) Any interest? If I get 4 or more replies, I’ll book a venue.
If you would like to participate in any of the events above, please COMMENT on this post so we’ll know whether or not to proceed with plans.
And speaking of great Talking Heads songs: Thinking about performing Talking Heads songs outdoors made me think of the great scene in “True Stories” (my favorite movie, ever) where John Goodman performs “People Like Us” for the big sesquicentennial celebration in Virgil, Texas. I looked for chords on the internet, but the only version I could find was a bit out of my singing range. I went ahead and added ukulele chord charts for that version, but I also transposed it to a girlier key, in case any of the ladies out there want to sing it. Enjoy!